04 febrero 2009

A post for my intercultural friends =P

We had an exam last Monday and afterwards, Ching and I decided to grab a Kebap in the city, I felt it had been months since I hadn't spoke to her. We were just chatting and walking around when Ching told me she missed to hang out with Yaya... it's true, I said, our younger brother.
Just a few minutes later he called us asking if we were still in the City because he was on his way. We watched him devour a Subway sandwich and then the three of us decided to go for a coffee. Once we arrived there we realized that this semester we didn't have time to hang out like the first one, so... we called the rest and spent a nice evening among beer, confessions and lots of laughs!

Yes, this is the one thing i'm thankful of being here.

Well, but now that i remember... I never talked about Hannah's birthday / Nikolaus day.
The story about Santa Claus in Germany is a bit different, since he comes on Dec 6 and leaves presents in children's shoes. Or something like that, and Hannah's birthday is the same day. Sooo.... while we were having fun at her place, suddenly, from nowhere... San Nikolaus arrived with a bag full of chocolates and the "golden book" where the behavior of all children is recorded. I have to say that some of my friends were really scared, but since I've been a really nice and sweet girl, I was confident and waiting for my chocolates to come!
This San Nikolaus was a bit weird, he looked like Indonesian, and I had the feeling that he was expecting some bribery to happen, but all he asked was people to dance/sing. It was fun! almost all of us were there, enjoying Glüwein and waffles! mmmhhhh!! MORE PICS HERE


And now that i'm remembering things i hadn't shared before, I have to say that the day we had wine for a presentation in a class, was really funny as well. The Profr. is a really nice person and since the first day he told us he would bring some wine for that day, and yes he did.
It's hard to put all the class together and there we were, still presenting the projects but having the opportunity of chatting for a while. PICS HERE
Of course after the class we were really hungry, so Kristen led Axel, Ching and me to a place where we could eat food with real "american" flavor: hamburger, curly fries, mozzarela sticks! i felt almost at home!!!

Well, and watching the girls fight with snowballs was really funny as well!

The one running away was little Ching

No hay comentarios: